"Unable to create new audio file for recording" in

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
ashwalk

Post by ashwalk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:49 am

Happens whenever I hit PLAY or REC with track record-enabled. It's intermittent when you have just opened the project, but frequent progressivelly, until you can't playback anymore.

This only happens in my new setup, which is:
-Windows 7 64bit
-Intel Core i5 2.6 gHz
-4gb ram ddr3 1333 mhz
-M-Audio Delta 1010LT with proper drivers (6.0.2_5.10.0.5074)

It didn't happen when I used XP SP3, meaning it must be a software issue, most probably an OS compatibility issue.

From my googling, I theorised some things that can be related:
-Picture Cache
-Audio interface driver compatibility
-MMCSS (used in Vista and later)

MY WORKAROUND:

There is an option in TuneUP 2010 called "Turbo Mode", that turns off everything that your focused application won't use (most notably Aero), to increase performance. When turned on, the problem ceases to show up (at least it did for the 1 or 2 hours I tested it).

NOW, I gotta cross-reference stuff to completely solve the issue...
I didn't even find someone with the same error on teh interwebz.
Hope this can help anyone, and me, of course...

See ya
Dan

baca

Post by baca » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi Dan,

I am new to SONAR 6 PE . My OS XP. Ihave the same problem to record sounds with error "Unable to create ..."
There is neither help nor answer to your mail on the forum to solve the problem. Have you managed somehow to get trough ?
10 days left to evaluate the software. It will be pity to throw it over side my boat as it looks great.
regards,
Slav

[quote="ashwalk"]Happens whenever I hit PLAY or REC with track record-enabled. It's intermittent when you have just opened the project, but frequent progressivelly, until you can't playback anymore.

This only happens in my new setup, which is:
-Windows 7 64bit
-Intel Core i5 2.6 gHz
-4gb ram ddr3 1333 mhz
-M-Audio Delta 1010LT with proper drivers (6.0.2_5.10.0.5074)

It didn't happen when I used XP SP3, meaning it must be a software issue, most probably an OS compatibility issue.

From my googling, I theorised some things that can be related:
-Picture Cache
-Audio interface driver compatibility
-MMCSS (used in Vista and later)

MY WORKAROUND:

There is an option in TuneUP 2010 called "Turbo Mode", that turns off everything that your focused application won't use (most notably Aero), to increase performance. When turned on, the problem ceases to show up (at least it did for the 1 or 2 hours I tested it).

NOW, I gotta cross-reference stuff to completely solve the issue...
I didn't even find someone with the same error on teh interwebz.
Hope this can help anyone, and me, of course...

See ya
Dan[/quote][code][/code]