4 suggested improvements

Here's your chance to spout out about suggestions for future versions of Cakewalk/Sonar.
andrewsmith90

Post by andrewsmith90 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:48 am

These are my improvement requests for Sonar:

1. I'd love to see a transient detector in the track view so I can quickly skip to the next peak and/or the start of the next audio event - would be very handy for editing drums audio

2. An audio quantiser would also be very handy. I think ProTools have one called Beat Detective or something

3. Audio replace - it would be great to be able to replace an audio event with a sample. Great for replacing, say a snare (I know I can do it by converting it to midi, but that's a 2 step process and it can be very fiddly). An alternative would be to make the midi converter a visual device, so I can tell it - "convert all audio outside this range" and I can adjust the range in the track view so that I get only the peaks I want.

4. Click/pop detector. Give me a function to go straight to clicks or pops so I can edit them out.

Thanks

Andrew Smith

brazilero

Post by brazilero » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:28 am

Hello,

SONAR should integrate a function called "mix preview" which will be a short sound preview of a mix or project, stored in a wav or mp3 file.
Then, it will be easier for users to find a project only by "pre listenning" a project without loading it.
You can then integrate it inside sonar and in windows explorer
It should be like freezing a project instead of freezing a VST track.

Brazil

Fullsmitx

Post by Fullsmitx » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:06 am

It would be nice if we could bring these great messages to the public.