midi loop sequencer

Here's your chance to spout out about suggestions for future versions of Cakewalk/Sonar.
steampump

Post by steampump » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:44 pm

I'm a early user of cakewalk , first under DOS then until W98 i was using an other old midi only sequencer (cakewalk apprentice). Thes old programme were all able to play midi data in loops for each treacks, and had access in real time time to keyshift , patch change , velocity and more. These programm works fine for live and i had no crash at all.
But since i needed to change to XP, a was looking to your new products . All are just a Cubase like programm. Nothing is in there what makes you're programm different, and no live abilitya ny more.
May you make again a programm for real synthesizer and expander user ?
Thanks Steampump

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:21 am

What products have you been actually looking at. I would say there is something there that you would need.

If all you want to do is play midi loops then I wouldn't bother getting Sonar or Home Studio, they would be far to complex. Maybe the Music Creator package which is entry level stuff would do, it would cover everything you have mentioned so far.

As for playing live then Ableton Live is probably the best product available to manipulate loops live but I think it will be mostly audio because midi just doesn't cut it in a live situation unless you are using it to trigger some top quality equipment.