I am so lost - please help!

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
itb10204evr

Post by itb10204evr » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:27 am

:roll: :roll: I got this cakewalk program downloaded on my computer but I don't know the first thing about how to use it. I read the instructions, still my brain won't move. You see, I sing. I cannot afford studio time. I would like to somehow play some beats or some music along with my voice. Only problem, I do not play an instrument. Does anyone know of anything or any program I can use. I do have a microphone!!!

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:08 am

what program are you using? have you tried calling Cakewalk Tech Support?

itb10204evr

Post by itb10204evr » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:41 pm

Hi. I am using Cakewalk Home Studio 2002. It is not that I am having a problem with the program. I just don't know how to begin a project. Do I necessarily have to have a midi instrument to hook up. For instance, I have written several songs. I even have melodies for them. But I do not play instruments so I do not know how to lay a musical track to the songs I have created. Are you feeling me. I am not sure if Cakewalk is the program for a person like me who knows absolutely nothing. :D

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:29 pm

ARE YOUR MELODIES WRITTEN OUT IN NOTATION?
IF SO, YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO FINALE.
YOU CAN COPY YOUR NOTATIONS INTO FINALE, SAVE AS MIDI,
THEN INPORT MIDI INTO CAKEWALK

itb10204evr

Post by itb10204evr » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:41 pm

Okay, when you say notation, do you mean typed out or written on paper or do you mean notes on musical staffs? :oops:

I have penned the words to paper and have committed the melody to memory but I have not recorded anything as yet.

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:45 pm

Well you can download Finale Notepad for free and its great for making sheet music of your songs. I use that for any piano solos I make but all my VGM type stuff I do with Sonar.