Aardvark troubles

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Matthew

Post by Matthew » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:24 pm

Well this is just dandy, I am still learning how to use the Q-10 that I spent major bucks on and now when I turn it on sometimes it flashes across the screen and then dissapeares. I can get it to stay on after I shut down pro audio 9,but sometimes I have to re-start the computer alltogether. Now I come to find that Aardvark seems to have flashed across the scene with no forwarding tech support or anything to help us holding the bag. %*@%!! thats just perfect. I am also recording midi ok from a Kurzwiel 2600 thru the q-10 but I cannot seem to get levels to show when I play back whats been recorded on pro-audio 9. When I record and play back audio signals the led meters work fine. Just no visual on the led meters (in pro audio 9)with midi on play back. I can hear it, just can't see levels. Anybody??

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:35 am

What OS are you using. I think I heard something about the Aardvark cards not working in XP.

Make sure it is compatible and you have the latest drivers.

I know some older cards do struggle in XP I used to have keep reinstalling the drivers for my Waveterminal 24/96.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:00 pm

andychap wrote:What OS are you using. I think I heard something about the Aardvark cards not working in XP.

Make sure it is compatible and you have the latest drivers.

I know some older cards do struggle in XP I used to have keep reinstalling the drivers for my Waveterminal 24/96.

I am using xp home version. How do I get updated drivers if their web site is gone? Aardvark is MIA. I don't want to bad mouth them ,the Q-10 is awesome I just hope it is not a sign of things to come. The problem only exists when I turn the Cakewalk on first then the Aardvark: Simple solution turn the Q-10 on first then Cakewalk and thats what I am doing now. As long as that works fine. No midi levels (LED) puzzled me too. Maybe I need to convert the midi info to audio first? .....Thanks

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:44 am

Aardvark has gone bust. No longer exists at all. Nobody has taken them over so there is no official support for their cards at all.

This is the link to the unofficial Aardvark support group. They have the latest drivers there. Check carefully which ones you need for XP.

If you cannot get the card working under XP you might be best off setting your machine up as a dual boot with a Win 98 partition for making movies. This way is still preffered by a lot of people and you would probably find that the card and pro audio 9 would work a lot better.