Sonar problems

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Hanother

Post by Hanother » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:14 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help, I am new to this forum but not to using sonar, I have used it in the past with out to much trouble and never really needed help but now I have upgraded my motherboard and cpu and I am having a problem, when I move the mouse pointer over the min/max and close buttons I get this slight pop, skip sound.

I have turned off all the sounds in windows and checked IRQ's for conflicts, and shut off my usb and firewire, i have also tried using an agp video card because I have on board video.

Other than that everything else is great, I have tried rec up to five channels of digital audio without a hickup.

anyone else have this problem? can offer some suggestion.

MSI K8MM-ILSR
VIA® K8M800 Chipset
AMD 64 2800
on board video Via S3G 64mb
512 mb ram
Delta 410 PCI soundcard

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:34 am

Probably the quickest thing to do would be to reduce the Graphics acceleration slider by one click. That would be the quick fix.

Have you tried optimising the system for audio. The MusicXP tweaks at http://www.musicxp.net/ are very good for getting the maximum performance out of a system. Pay attention to the one for disabling the bubbletips, that could be a problem.

Next it could be an old error to do with the registry that needs a simple edit.

Go into the registry > Current Users > Software > Cakewalk > Sonar and delete all the files that say Toolbar, followed by a number. They will be recreated when you next start Sonar.

Those are the only graphics fixes I can think of. I hope one of them helps.

Hanother

Post by Hanother » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Thanks for the Reply, I have tried everything suggested with exception of the registry edit, I was unsure of that one, I don't have a problem with any of the other toolbar buttons just the min/max buttons.

Thanks again