AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
God I Hate This Crap

Post by God I Hate This Crap » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:40 pm

Just installed the cakewalk home studio. I have two major concerns (at the moment). 1. How do I keep track 1 from bleeding over to track 2 when recording onto track 2?
2. I'm just recording straight from my guitar to the computer. I have no midi anything hooked up. I just want to multi-track with each instrument on a seperate track. As it stands now, every new track I record also includes every other track that has been recorded.

Any help will be greatly appriceated.
L

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:46 pm

Do you hear your other tracks while your recording each track? I dont have home studio but maybe you have to disarm(turn record off) or mute the other tracks so they dont bleed over....I could be wrong but try that.

God I Hate This Crap

Post by God I Hate This Crap » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:57 pm

I seem to have solved the problem by going into the Options/Audio and changing the buffer size to 350. Someone had mention going to the "What-U-Hear" setting, but I can't seem to find that setting anywhere on my computer.

I'm still confused about the Midi set-up, as I have no way of knowing how to run a midi chord to my computer (no ports will accept a midi IN.). Is there some kind of adapter I need to do this?
L

God I Hate This Crap

Post by God I Hate This Crap » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:01 pm

Boy o boy, that disc sure does send out the sparks when you microwave it for 2:45 (Individual pizza setting). Little bit of a mess to clean up, but well worth it in the satisfaction of seeing my nemesis, low these past few hundred hours, die it's horrid digital death.

I think I'm going back to cassette tapes. The fidelity sucks, but so does most of what I record anyway.
L

Volturnio

Post by Volturnio » Tue May 03, 2005 10:18 pm

What U hear option is in the soundcard mixer (it came with the soundcard drivers). Some soundcard have drivers problems, allways record what you hear. To solve this I pan the tracks to the left, and record from the right (or viceversa).
------
If you soundcard don't make the midi job, you could use the sintesoft from homestudio (edirol and others).

Volturnio

Post by Volturnio » Tue May 03, 2005 10:22 pm

If you get the trick, digital recording is ten times better than analog portastudio recording, it is worth efforting