tascam us-122 -- midi okay, no audio (cannot arm)

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
privileged

Post by privileged » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:46 am

Hi, I am going crazy with this. MIDI records okay so I know functionality between the tascam and cakewalk is okay. But when I select "audio" track, I still can't arm the track.

I think I have to select an input on the track also, right?

But when I click the drop-down for "in" all that's there is "none" and it's checked!

The tascam is selected under the main "options" - "audio" setting, so how come it doesn't show up on the track input list so I can select it?

Or more specifically -- what can I do to record some audio?!?!

Thank you very much for any help!

P

Rumorsband

Post by Rumorsband » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:42 pm

I am not at the home computer right now , but if I recall ... you need to click on a blank track..then in the source section for that track scroll up from none to stero left or right or left and right. Click the arm button and then the record button

privileged

Post by privileged » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:07 am

thanks for the resonse but i don't see anything like "source" in the track area.

i am going insane! i noticed when i start up cakewalk, for no reason that i can tell, i mean if i just rebooted my computer and didn't open any other applications, it says both my sounds cards (wdm and tascam) are in use by other applications, i can disable or ignore. i ignore. then like i said, i can use the tascam to record midi, so i'd think it should work for audio.

i've gotten this to work before too, around a year ago or something. i really wanna use it now and wish i could get it happening! no one else has this problem?

privileged

Post by privileged » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:37 am

After a long time messing with this I read on another forum to go to options, advanced, and always use MME interface. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem