Sonar 1 Manual or users guide or Something/

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.

Sonar 1 Manual or users guide or Something/

Postby JohnMusician » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Hello All....Can anyone point me to where I can get a copy of the Sonar 1 user's guide or something that can help me get through how to understand the pages and setups and the layout of the pages?????

I got this copy from a friend. He lost the manuals, etc.

Thanks a bunch. :(
JohnMusician

Re: Sonar 1 Manual or users guide or Something/

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

Re: Sonar 1 Manual or users guide or Something

Postby Origami » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Hey there,
I don't think the OP (original poster) was referring to X1, I think he means SONAR 1, the very first one. It's going to be near impossible to find the manual I think. I actually used to have it, but I don't know where it is now (since I moved). I do have the book for SONAR 3 that I could likely help you out with. I doubt he could get a disc version of it anyway since it's so old. They normally only have their current version and one version back. I believe SONAR 1 came out in about 2000. They went all the way up to 8.5, then flipped over to X1, X2, X3 and then changed to the "Platinum, Professional, Artist" versions that they have now. So you can see why they don't have copies of older versions for sale. They'd be totally bogged down with them and who knows how many would really sell- it just doesn't make sense for a (for-profit) company to do that.

As to Session Drummer 3, I think I read that you have the LE version of SONAR X1, is that right? If so- that is why. The LE version is a freebie, a demo that is given away in hopes that folks will like it and want to get the full version. And, normally they do not include the high-end bells & whistles in a LE version. Hope this helped a bit.
Origami