Help...No no midi input signal

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
CarworldHQ

Post by CarworldHQ » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:47 pm

Hi all and thank you for reading this post. I am a newby to Sonar5. I am using a computer which

has on board sound which was all working fine. I then aquired my sonar5 software, this all

installed ok. Sample files played well. My next step was to connect my Yamaha PSR510 keyboard to

the computer and use this as a controller plugged the keyboard end in ok. but when I went to plug

the other end into the games midi port on the computer I soon realised that there was no socket

on the computer. The reason this was not present is because the Asus Mother board I am using

requires that this socket/module be purchase seperately. I got in touch with Asus UK to purchase

this component. As luck would have it the factory in the uk was damaged by a serious fire in

Hemel Hemstead and I would not be able to get the part I required at this time. My next option

was to purchase a sound card with a midi port on it. This I did, and thats when the fun and

games start.

After installation of the sound card all seemed well until I tried to use my keyboard as a

controller. The first problem I had was that Sonar5 could not see any input device. To solve this

issue I disabled the midi/gameport on the sound card and enabled the midi/game port in the bios.

After a re-boot The input device is now showing as MPU401. My final problem which I am having

difficuly with is that even though the computer can see the input device I still cannot get the

my keyboard (controller) to communicate with the computer. The activity light does not

illuminate on the input side.......only the output.....any help would be most appreciated.

Tony.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:42 am

Do you have the cables connected the right way?

In to out and out to in.

What make of soundcard is it?