about mixing.........

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Gary

Post by Gary » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:32 am

OK.....mixed my third demo...5 songs....I played close attention to my levels and the mix was the best yet although still far from perfect....I have a few (thousand) questions. Just two for now.

I can't figure out how to normalize... I go into the edit menu ,select audio but I can't click on Normalize...at what point do you do this?

for some reason the finished CD always jumps to the 5th song. I'm Quite clueless about that.

thanks,
Gary

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:22 am

Gary, to Normalize, highlight the audio track you want to perform the nomalization process. Then you will be able to perform the task.

I have never done this. So I cannot say that you will or will not be happy with the results. As always, do any experimentation on copies of tracks, not the finished work. You should always have the raw tracks safely tucked away. Then if you ever encounter a problem, you can always bring the raw data back in and proceed from where you left off.

I am not sure what you mean by the CD always jumps to track 5, or the fifth song as you said.

Good luck my friend.

Gary

Post by Gary » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:40 pm

Brian.....
I see...one track at a time...I thought you normalized the whole project at once. Will try that shortly.....thanks! :D
I burn the tracks one at a time onto CD,finializing the with the last one. when I play the CD on my stereo the CD player selects the 5th song instead of the first.

Gary

Post by Gary » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:45 pm

was just thinking after reading all the posts again....if I mix all the audio down to one track,can I just normalize that? Would that be the same as doing it one by one?

GaryD