What Software Do I Need?

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
LittleGreenDots

Post by LittleGreenDots » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 am

I have Music Creator 3, which I bought a few years ago, but never quite got it up and running. I'm not sure it's what I really need.

Here's what I need. Please tell me what I "need."

I want to make some 'jam tracks' for students (I teach guitar), just some real simple easy tracks of bass/guitar/drums that they can use to learn how to solo. The quality doesn't have to be state-of-the-art, and in fact, if I can do it with the software I now have, that would be great.

I also want something I can patch together with keyboard strokes instead of a midi-interface.

Can I create this with Music Creator? Does it have everything I need? Does it include sound samples that will work for my project? The tracks will all be simple blues, rock, ballad patterns.

Would another product be better?

Money is an issue, so I have to do this for as little as possible.

Thanks much.

What I'm really looking for are the features available in the Boss DR 770 Dr. Rhythm Drum Machine. It has tons of preset sounds and loops that can be modified, four tracks, etc. That is all I need. I'm not as interested in recording software as I am patching loops to make background tracks.

CharlesGathy

Post by CharlesGathy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:36 am

I have a Zoom drum machine. It has more than 400 patterns and 10 or 12 music styles and new ones can be created. We used to use Band-in-a-box, the patches are really good but you need a computer or mp3 player or looper to store the backing tracks.

Welcome to GN.
https://www.winterisnotcoming.org/waverly-bedding-sets/