Problem with Sonar installer and Direct X 9.0b?

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
flojo

Post by flojo » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:58 pm

HI,
I just upgraded from pro audio 9 to sonar 3--I am currently using a delta 66 soundcard with a mackie mixer for playback--my problem is that I cant get any sound out of it. I have tried all the outputs available and
can see the meters moving but hear nothing. It also seems that the meters only move when I have selected "delta 66 multichannel".

any suggestions out there?

thanks,
flojo

Juancho

Post by Juancho » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:00 pm

Thanks Guest! The registry change worked!

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:45 am

Mad Max wrote:I've gotten Sonar 2 XL to install but now it is telling me that I have no MIDI output devices. When I go into options/MIDI Devices only the microsoft MIDI mapper is shown. The end result is that there is no sound comming from my MIDI files. The demo version of Fruity Loops shows the Microsoft GS wavetable SW Synth as its output device. I went into the control panel and check was the default in the MIDI music playback selection under sounds. the device is working properly and works fine in Fruity Loops. The synth doesn't even show as an option in the output device selection in cakewalk.

What gives?

Mad Max

J

Post by J » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:07 am

I just want to say THANK YOU to whomever wrote this great piece of advice!! You've saved me a whole lotta pain!! Thanks again!!!!!
-J
Guest wrote:You can solve this problem by opening regedit by clicking on run on the start menu and typeing in regedit
in the directory structure on your left browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/DIRECTX

Double click on version in the right hand panel and copy the value to a text editor or write it down

replace the value with 4.08.01.0810

run the setup program
cakewalk sonar should install

after installation goback to the registry editor and change the value back to the number it was before. this will probably be something like 4.09.00.0900 but may be different depending on when you downloaded directx 9.0

djQ45

Post by djQ45 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:10 pm

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/DX9.ASP

Goto this link and download the Uitility for those havijng trouble installed prior versions of Cakewalk software after installing DirectX 9.

Bonkers

Post by Bonkers » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:35 pm

Thank you so much to whoever posted the REGEDIT solution. Fantastic!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:09 pm

Hey I have this problem with Sonar 1.3.1 form an Internet Profesional CD and neither the registry nor the Patch solution work.
any ideas?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:45 pm

Delameko wrote:Sorry, to varify:

"...but everytime the installer starts it says 'Direct X 8.1 was not detected on your system' then it proceeds to try and install DX8 and ends."

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:46 pm

"...but everytime the installer starts it says 'Direct X 8.1 was not detected on your system' then it proceeds to try and install DX8 and ends."

Post by guest » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:51 pm

[the registry trick works fine!!!!!!!!!!] :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:52 pm