Music Creator 2003 - multi-tracks?????

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
gmoulliet

Post by gmoulliet » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:17 am

I want to record my band. I want to set up severalmics and record each on a separate track. Can this be done with 2003? How tracks can I record at once and how do I set it up?
Thanks

gmoulliet@cox.net

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:39 am

It can be done with MC2003 although it is probably not the best software to do it with.

The problem is not the software but with your souncard. You will need a soundcard with multple line ins and mic pre amps etc. Then you will be able to record all your tracks at once, otherwise you can only record one stereo track at a time.

If your PC only has one line in then a cheap mixer would suffice and record to one stereo track with all instruments but you would only be able to apply effects to the whole mix rather than each instrument.

MusicMan

Post by MusicMan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:52 pm

You can record a live band live using any sound card. However, it cannot be recorded on seperate tracks unless you have a special sound card or you record each individual seperatly. What you can do is buy a mixing board with several inputs and run the main outs through a stereo RCA to stereo mini plug. Put into the imput or line in on your computer. Make sure you have the input selected on your sound card in the OS system you are running. You might look into an 8-track or 16-track, Ive seen awsome deals on ebay. If you record individuals seperately using just a multitrack and regular sound card, you can still achieve a live sound. Just start by laying down the drums. You can run multiple mics from the drums and record onto a single track. Although this is unproffesional it can work.