recording software for a beginner - Please help..

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
vish

Post by vish » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:57 pm

Hello friends,

I'm interested in buying a recording software for my album. I have Yamaha PSR-2100 thru which I've created midi files. Can you please help me in suggesting the software I may go for ? ( i can afford upto $ 400 -
$ 500 )

I have a PC. Along with that, what are the additional things that I would need ? Please suggest.

Appreciate your help,

Thanks,
Vish

jasbags

Post by jasbags » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:30 pm

Hi there

I can only comment on my own experiences, but if you want a multi-track recorder which has all the effects of a recording studio (i mean tonnes of effects - compression, delays, chorus, reverb, distortions - everything!!!!) i believe the best product out there is Cool Edit Pro. I think Cool Edit has recently been bought by Adobe and they have renamed it Adobe Audition.

You can record multi-tracks, normalize, compress and basically get any song sounding absolutely brilliant.

Not too sure if your $400-$500 is USD or what??? But i know cool edit is quite expensive.

On the other hand, you could download a P2P networking module and download a copy direct from the net for free. Up to you. :lol:

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:23 am

Try Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 and go for the XL edition.

That way if you have a problem you can always come here to get an answer. After all this is a Cakewalk forum and knowledge of Cool Edit might be limited.

I suggest HS 2004 over Music Creator because you should think of your future needs as you learn more and want to do more, I think HS 2004 will keep you happy a lot longer with out the need to upgrade.

Here's a link to the home page http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/HomeStudio/default.asp