Audio 'Mixup' Recording Trax

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Amphitryon

Post by Amphitryon » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:10 pm

I have Sonar XL 2.0 and I have intermediate knowledge of recording software.

My issue is this:

I have the Moog Modular plug in. I set up a midi track (2) sending the output through the Moog DXi plugin as an audio track (1). This works just fine. (Sounds amazing too) Then I can add an audio track drum loop, no problem. BUT when I try to create a third audio track for guitar, the other two audio tracks record onto the third (guitar) track. Its like all of the audio tracks are sent to whatever track is armed for recording. I have searched everywhere to fix this and can't find out why...

How can I select an audio track, arm it to record, and NOT have the other audio mix/bounce? I want to isolate the input so each track is separate. What am I missing? This seems so simple.

My setup is a Abit IC7 Mobo
1GB DDR 3200 Dual Channel RAM
2.4Ghz P4 (800FSB)
Audigy 2 Sound card
Midiman USB Controller
XP Pro

Please help! I am so close, but I can't complete a darn song with this mixing issue.

I set the audio card as 'input' for a new track but can't specify just the 'input' from the card. Its like selecting the card as my input automatically routes all audio through it, so whatever the card plays back is sent to my track... :?

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:05 am

Open up your sound card mixer and go into recording properties. Make sure only the source you are recording from is enabled ie. line in. You will probably find that you have the 'What U Hear' or Wav option enabled as well, these are causing your problem.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:28 pm

Tried all of that...no worky. It still sends all audio to whatever track is armed for recording. Truly frustrating...

:(

It def seems like something within Cakewalk, but I just can't find any setting that seems to fix it...

Amphitryon

Post by Amphitryon » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:29 pm

Oops. That was the same user (me) posting. Forgot to sign in... :roll: