Projects are disapearing???

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
imprezive1

Post by imprezive1 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:20 am

For some reason everytime I work on a new project, some of my old projects start having problems. The project I was most recently using is ussually ok, but when I open "older" projects, weird stuff starts happening.

Like on one project one track won't play. The visual "waves" will show, and the playback meter will jump, but no audio. Or in the case of my most important project all the auido files are "missing". They are still in the audio data folder, and they still can be played "manually" but cakewalk isn't "linking" them. I should've saved a bun. file to a cd, But I didn't ,so hindsight is 20/20.
Is there any way I can get cakewalk to "link" or "find" the files?
I don't want to have to import every wave file.

Any ideas on the cause or solution to this problem would be helpful and aprecaited.

PS I re-installed cakewalk.....didn't help.

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:47 pm

Thats sound like a classic bit rate and sample rate error. Make sure that your soundcard and project setting match the bit rate and sample rate of your old projects.

I always leave mine set at 24bit rate 44100khz sample rate. I then dither down to 16 bit when I export to wave file for burning to CD. 24 bit seems to give a bit more clarity and when recording it doesn't seem to clip all the time.

imprezive1

Post by imprezive1 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:50 am

Nope, not it......I've managed to fix the "important" prokect (the files were in the wrong directory for some reason, but I'm still having trouble with some other projects. The "visuals" show for certain tracks, but no audio.....
:oops:

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:54 am

Have you sure the audio files are still in the Audio Data folder? Try the search for audio function and see what it comes up with. You can audition the files to see if they are what you are after.