Super Newb audio question

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.

Super Newb audio question

Postby MagusCT » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:19 pm

Okay get ready for a suoer newb moment. I really need help recording and editing audio. I use a Roland RS-5 keyboard and sonar 2.0 to record MIDI and edit that. But now I am starting to post my songs on certain forums to get feedback and I realize the the mp3 versions of my songs sound crappy. How do I go about converting my MIDI tracks to audio? Do I convert each track into its own audio track and edit them and then bounce them when I'm done or what? Thanks in advance.
MagusCT

Re: Super Newb audio question

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

Postby lespauljr » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:14 pm

How come you rate a JUMBO avatar??? :lol: Sorry I cannot answer your question. My website won't let me hotlink to an image, so I am avatarless. :roll:
lespauljr

Postby MagusCT » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:43 pm

Well, Thanks for replying anyway...My avatar had not even worked up until a little while ago for some reason and now that I actually see it....its really....ugly...haha
MagusCT

Postby SAGA » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:55 pm

The solution you suggested in your first post was right. Record it to audio first, then bounce it out. I don't see though, how the mp3 would differ from your bounced WAV file that drastically, unless there was a conversion problem. Does the WAV sound fine? What are you using to create the mp3? Normally its just a matter of opening the WAV file up in a good program like Adobe Audition, Soundforge, etc., and then resaving it as an mp3 file. There shouldnt be much noticeable difference afterwards.
SAGA