audio tracks and midi tracks to .wav?

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Ken

Post by Ken » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:43 pm

Well, I do have a very very stupid questions..so here we go. I have recorded 3 audio tracs and 3 midi tracs and saved as a project. How do I convert my song to .wav so that midi tracks are also still there? If I use audio export there is no midi when i listeng to .wav file. I do use sonar2.

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:45 pm

You can't create a .wav file with MIDI data (tracks) in it but you can create a .wav file of "the sounds" of the MIDI tracks.

Mute the existing audio tracks
Make sure the MIDI tracks are not muted.
Create a new audio track, and arm it.
Press record.

The MIDI tracks will play and will be recorded onto the new audio track.
Mute the MIDI tracks (delete them if you no longer want them).
Un-mute all the audio tracks

You now have your original audio tracks + a new audio track making up your MIDI music.

Play around with the console/mixer settings until it sounds like you want it to be then just export the audio tracks as a .wav file.

Bear in mind if you want to make any adjustments to your MIDI tracks you'll still need the project file that they are contained in (or save the MIDI tracks as MIDI format 1

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:10 am

Remember if you are playing your midi tracks through a softsynth like the VSC you can just use Edit > Bounce to tracks and this will record the tracks as audio in a fraction of the time.

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:05 pm

Thanks very much for your repplies...really helped me a lot. Nice to have forums like this! All the very best from Finland!