How Do I Make it louder

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Happenedtoyou

Post by Happenedtoyou » Sun May 01, 2005 2:44 pm

:P Is there anyway that I can make the recording louder in Cakewalk SONAR 3 Producer Edition when recording. I know that when I finish a song with voice or whatever and I adjust all the volume, etc... I have to actually put my volume up rather high for me to hear the song. Not too high but higher then any other MP3. When I recorde and Am all done what I do is I record the song in Sound FOrge 7 which allows me to save it as an MP3. Is there anyway I can record that higher voume when re recording in Sound Forge? Let me know.. Thanks!!

Volturnio

Post by Volturnio » Tue May 03, 2005 10:41 pm

Re-recording? How do you do that?
-----
When the recording is done, I export the mix to wav from HStudio,
then I open the wav with soundforge or wavelab and apply normalize (more amplitude), punch (a bit of cool saturation) and stereo expander, with this the mix volume is quite good.

Happenedtoyou

Post by Happenedtoyou » Sat May 07, 2005 4:45 am

Where do you find Punch and the other stuff you were talking about. What menu is it is in Sound Forge? Thanks!!!

Volturnio

Post by Volturnio » Mon May 16, 2005 9:42 pm

I don't have sound software installed in this pc (I'm in my job), but I remember Punch an Stereo Expander like vst plugins of wavelab (in master panel), Normalize is in Effects -> volume in sforge (I think).
You can do the work with CoolEdit96 or 2000 too, exporting the audio from HStudio or Tools --> coolEdit, this open coolEdit with the selected track and you have a lot of effects, like normalize, amplify, distortion, noisefilter, etc.
Good luck!
Diego