Control Surface With Home Studio 2004 XL

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
LukeCakewalker

Post by LukeCakewalker » Mon May 30, 2005 10:09 pm

Control Surface With Home Studio 2004 XL

Just bought a Behringer B-Control Fader BCF2000 MIDI controller; I'm using ordinary MIDI cables, not MIDI through USB. Running Windows ME. Using Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 XL (*not* Sonar--although the Home Studio help file says "Sonar" on it). I've tried to add the controller as a Cakewalk Generic Surface (there's no listing for the Behringer itself). To make a long story short, the help file says to arm a MIDI track to record, to move the fader/ pan knob/ etc, then use View-Event List to see what data it recorded. I've tried this several times, and it appears that no events whatsoever are recorded. The MIDI cables are connected properly; some sort of I/O is happening between my PC and the Behringer, but no events are recorded.

The guy at the music store said the BCF2000 was compatible with Cakewalk; I specifically asked if this meant Home Studio as well as Sonar, and was reassured that yes, it's compatible with Home Studio. I really hope this is true.

Any suggestions? Should I try to get the unit to emulate another make/ model of controller?

I'm crossposting this message to these forums (I hope that's okay):

Beginners
General
Midi Issues
Technical Issues

Moderators, go ahead and delete my posts if they're somehow inappropriate for any of these forums.

Thanks,

Luke Cakewalker