New tune from Sonar

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Brian D

Post by Brian D » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:49 pm

Well ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit for your deliberation, one more attempt at the art of music writing.

Tumultuous Storm

Here you will find the art of dynamic building. I had an idea at one time for a short film which has long past, faded into black, but the soundtrack was still lingering in my brain. So I wanted to make a prog/fusion tune from it, but alas, I could never get past the 3:43 of the intro. Yes, what you are listening to was the into. See if you can identify the hook. It will either irritate you or you will be humming it shortly.

So, I gave up on the thought of continuing the tune and just ended it. You will see, or hear.

Thank you for listening, it will be on Musicv2 today, and on MP3 next week or so.

Comments appreciated, but not required. By the way, the guitars get buried for a reason. And, sub-woofers help to get the feel of the lows.

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:05 am

Brian is there any reason you have left it just for playing and not downloadable on the music2v site. I'm on a lousy dial up in the UK and streaming is near impossible.

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:11 am

No reason Andy, I change it now. Sorry about that. :oops:

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:56 am

Brian, that is an amazing piece of work. The mood and emotions it inspires in me is unbelievable. You have got to take this one further mate, maybe another 10 minutes main part and then a 5 minute outro. That would make it a classic prog rock piece :D

Great work.