Playing stereo files left and right

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:04 pm

I've only just started using Cakewalk but have used Cubase previously. I need some advice on exporting the files to save to CD. I've been using Windows media to copy the files to CD, but they will only play on a PC or DVD player, and not an ordinary CD player. Also, if saving to separate Left and Right stereo files, how do I get them to play both left and right at once, when I try they play consecutively. I'm confused. Any advice?

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:27 pm

hi sue,
how it works for me is export your audio file with the
"RIFF wave" file type that should give you one wave file with both left and right balance.
It sounds like you're exporting audio with the file type "windows media advanced streaming" format. (correct me if i'm mistaken).
then I use Nero CD burning rom...Maybe your media player doesnt record your file to the correct format for your cd player to read, or it doesnt finalize your cd
Another option is how old is your cd player? i have found that some of the older cd players wont read some cd's that i burn from my pc

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:22 pm

Sue,
First, are you using ProAudio, SOnar or some other program?

The general way to make audio cd's is to save your finished file as a stereo 16 bit 44.1Khz .wav file. Best way to do this is tools/mixdown to file/.wav save this file somewhere close (like your desktop).

Your burning software should allow you to create an audio cd or a data cd. Make sure you choose 'audio', otherwise you will burn a data cd with a wav on it. The 'audio' cd portion of your burning program will convert your .wav to a .cda file.

When you select .wav, you should be able to browse to your exported .wav file and add it to the audio cd.

Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:15 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll give the RIFF format a try. I think it is the CD burner programme that's probably at fault re. format as it's not converting it to cda, will have to explore the options (or upgrade to better burner software).