Issue with mutiple Sound Cards...

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
cvermette02061

Post by cvermette02061 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:58 am

Setup: IBM Thinpad 1300i, P3-700l, 192 MB

Sound Cards: ALI Audio AudioWave WDM (Internal), Sound Blaster Exitgy (External USB)

Issue: I have a track where - upon reopening a BUN file - I can select BOTH sound cards for thr audio In ,l but only the EXTERNAL card for the audio out. Any idea what's going on?

Chuck

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:42 pm

One thing you may want to do is create a new Hardware Profile. I wouldn't doubt that the cards are conflicting with each other.

With a seprate profile, you could have one setup for when you want to record and one for when you just want to use the laptop for other things (typing papers, surfing for junk, etc...). This will keep the conflicts to a minimum. You can learn more by right clicking on 'My Computer' selecting 'Properties' 'Hardware' and then 'Hardware Profiles'.

This feature was designed mainly for folks with docking stations for their laptops but works quite well if you have one pc for audio and work/fun.

If this is too much of a headache for you, check in Sonar under Tools/Audio and make sure all the correct drivers are enabled. Also check your device manager and make sure all your drivers are up to date. You may want to uninstall the USB card, unplug it, reinstall the drivers and then plug it in again. Sometiemsd order does make a difference.

If you post a better system profile (what OS are you using?) we may be able to give you a better answer.

I hope this helps., Good Luck!