recording multiple audio tracks simultanusly

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
David De Pauw

Post by David De Pauw » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:17 pm

Hi all, I recently bought a EdirolDA2496 and use it with ProAudio9. Everything seems to work fine, except when recording audio tracks simultanusly. Sources have been set from the soundcard, outputs too, but when I hit record, it runs but once stopped it seems not to have recorded anything. When I try to record one by one, all works fine. Anybody knows the answer to this problem? :?

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:49 pm

Looks like youve set everything ok.

See my reply to the guy who wanted to record mic input, just make sure youve selected recording to come from MIDI/sound card

http://www.cakewalkforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=534

David De Pauw

Post by David De Pauw » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:23 pm

Thanks for the reply, K, but the problem has nothing to do with midi. Even when I arm 2 different tracks, each set for their individual in-and output (both recognised by Cakewalk, so that's all good), once I start recording, it runs, but when I stop the recording it just didn't record anything. When I try to record the tracks one by one (like guitar on track 1 and afterwards vocal on 2) it's all good. Just can't seem to get them on there together, which is sad, because that's why I bought the EdirolDA2496. Funny thing is that Cakewalk doesn't give me a dropout or error. It just runs smoothly but seems not to record when more than one source is in the mix. I don't think it has anything to do with my system (runs on XP, AMD2.2, 512ram)

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:25 am

Its that long since I used Pro Audio but I seem to remeber that the audio engine wasn't that good. Maybe an upgrade to Sonar or Home Studio would solve this problem. You are using hardware which is far newer than you software so it might not be compatible.

David De Pauw

Post by David De Pauw » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:33 am

Hi, Andy. I've been thinking the same but wasn't sure. I guess I'll have to invest again :( . Thanks for the reply.

David

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:36 am

Try downloading the HS or Sonar Demo's from the cakewalk site. HS is the cheaper of the two but I think you might find it easier to configure. You will know whether it is the software that is the problem.

David De Pauw

Post by David De Pauw » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:40 am

Yes, I've tried the sonar3 trial version and it works! (HS trial is not available for download). At first I had the same trouble, but once I set the driver to ASIO it all worked fine! In Pro Audio 9 I can't find anything about ASIO drivers. So I guess I'll have to go out and buy the HS or Sonar. Thanks for your help man!

David