Tascam US-122, HomeStudio, problem

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
gte719e

Post by gte719e » Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:14 pm

I just purchased and installed the Tascam US-122 USB (similar to the Mobile Pre mentioned in other posts on this board) in order to have a professional sound card and bypass the MME latancy issues associated with the sigmatel card on my Dell which does not support directX. I'm using cakewalk HomeStudio. The problem I'm having is that I can not find a way to completely bypass my sigmatel card. I'm having to select the sigmatel as my default sound playback device in the control panel and select "always use MME drivers instead of WDM" in cakewalk in order to get anything to work. If I select the US-122 as my default sound playback device and deselct the the "always use MME drivers" in cakewalk, I get an error stating that the program can not use the WDM drivers associated with the US-122 and then nothing works. The whole reason I got the external sound card was to bypass the MME latancy issues and have professional quality. Why am I having to still route everything though the sigmatel?? Is there any solution to this?

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:03 pm

Well, you could disable your sound card in the device manager. Not sure if the version of Cakewalk you're using supports WDM - not saying it doesn't just saying I'm not sure.

Try disableing your card and see what that does.

Also, there is a setting called 'hardware profiles' on your pc. This is mainly for people with laptops that use docking stations. It allows you to save different system configurations.

You may want to think of crating a new configuration called 'music' or 'recording' or something that is setup to disable your card when you want to record.

Good Luck!