Andy!!! I need your help!! :)

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
reason7818

Post by reason7818 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:13 pm

Hey Andy,

Been reading the board and you seem like a very guru-esk gent when it comes to Sonar. Wondering if you could lend a hand.

I have Sonar 2xl, I recently tried the beta version of Sonar 3. After doing so, all the project files I used in Sonar 3 were naturally converted to that version. Now, I don't use Sonar 3 anymore as it's not a "full" version and I'm not ready to purchase it yet. NOW none of my projects will open up in Sonar 2 anymore. Is there anyway of converting them back from 3?

Thanks in advance for you help! I hope to hear from you soon as I am in the middle of project and the clock is tick'n! :)

-reason

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:21 pm

What about backup files?
You've presumably backed up your data at some stage?

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:32 am

You do have a problem there. That is one of the reasons why I have not tried the demo yet. Even though I could install it on a seperate partition, I'm not willing to chance it.

The only thing I can think of is to start the computer in safe mode and try opening them in that.

I will have a dig around and see what I can find out.

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:51 pm

Just had a browse around the other cakewalk forums and the cakewalk site and it seems that files are not backwards compatible. You should have really backed up you files before you loaded Sonar 3.

It might be worth saving them as cwb files in Sonar 3 and then seeing if they open in 2. If not the only way round it is to upgrade to sonar 3. Crafty marketing ploy or what :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:32 pm

I think what you are gonna need to do is, reinstall sonar 3. open your projects in sonar 3, export your tracks individually.
close sonar 3 and open up sonar 2 and import your tracks back into sonar
2 I know it sounds time consuming but it should get you there. If not!
make sure that your track file extensions are wave format not cwp format
for audio tracks ( not sure if you are using audio midi or a combination)
if you do have midi tracks as well in sonar 3 re-record them as audio tracks then export and re-import to sonar 3
Good Luck!!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:31 pm

for anyone who has had this same problem with sonar 3 in the above thread
I tested the above post and it does work!! :wink:

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:34 pm

but dont re-import to sonar 3 re-import to your older version of sonar