How Do I get The Metronome To Play Thru A Headset W Recordin

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
muffy91

Post by muffy91 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:12 pm

I Cant get the metronome to play thru my headset while recording is there any way to do this and if so how
i am using pro audio 9

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:48 pm

You have to have a midi output device selected to hear the metronome through the headphone. DXi's won't work. I usually make a midi click track and have it output to the VSC DXi. This works well and you can change the tempo and the midi track will change with it. once you have it setup you can save it as a template and use it for new compositions.
This has always been a drag, even sonar 3 doesn't have an audio metronome.

Bill

CraigG

Post by CraigG » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:41 pm

muffy91 wrote:I Cant get the metronome to play thru my headset while recording is there any way to do this and if so how
i am using pro audio 9
There is a DXi plugin that will probably work (I say probably because I use Sonar, not Pro Audio 9). It's called PingDXi and it costs a mere $13.95 (and it's worth every penny). It generates a click track or count in that isn't recorded to your song.

http://www.rmnorman.com/PingDXi/PingDXi.html

You can e-mail Mike Norman to verify whether or not it works in Pro Audio 9.

Craig

CraigG

Post by CraigG » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:41 pm

muffy91 wrote:I Cant get the metronome to play thru my headset while recording is there any way to do this and if so how
i am using pro audio 9
There is a DXi plugin that will probably work (I say probably because I use Sonar, not Pro Audio 9). It's called PingDXi and it costs a mere $13.95 (and it's worth every penny). It generates a click track or count in that isn't recorded to your song.

http://www.rmnorman.com/PingDXi/PingDXi.html

You can e-mail Mike Norman to verify whether or not it works in Pro Audio 9.

Craig