mx602a

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
jem

Post by jem » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:39 pm

Hi...i´m having trouble plugging in my mx602a between my computer and stereo. I was wondering if anyone here could help me...

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:32 pm

I hope yours was cheaper than this one!

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/moreinfo.asp?id=83

Should be just a simple case of plugging a lead with a 3.5mm jack into the
line out of your sound card and the other end of the lead into a connector that will fit one of the channel inputs shouldnt it and then doing a similar thing to connect your mixer to the stereo shouldnt it?

What specifically is the problem?

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:30 pm

jem wrote:Hi...i´m having trouble plugging in my mx602a between my computer and stereo. I was wondering if anyone here could help me...

If you just want to use the stereo for monitoring purposes then connect the control room to the aux in n the stereo. You will need to use a couple of RCA to 1/4 inch jack adapter plugs (approx £1 each) at the mixer end of the cable.

Then connect you main out to the line in on your sound card. Again more adapter plugs will be needed at the mixer end and the lead will probaly have to have a 3.5mm jack at the soundcard end. These leads are easily available from computer and Hi Fi stores.

Then use a similar lead to connect the line out or speaker out on the soundcard to the tape in on the mixer (no adapter plugs needed here. When you want to listen to what is playing on the PC depress the 2TK to control room button. If you want to record from the computer with some other stuff mixed in then you depress the 2TK to mix button.

This then leaves the 2 stereo line ins and the mono line ins free for instruments, mics and other sound sources.

I have mine (MX 602A as well) set up like that plus a mic to channel 1, elec guitar to channel 2, keyboard to channels 3/4 and drum machine to channels 5/6. I also have my mini disc line in connected to the tape out on the mixer so that I can record mixes before they go to the computer for preview.

I won't go into FX send and return and the headphone socket is an easy one.

Hope that helps.