YAMAHA PSR-225

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
joseysar

Post by joseysar » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:07 pm

Anyone using a yamaha psr-225 with cakewalk and a PC? What are the MIDI settings you use for functions 81-84? I want to record accompaniments into cakewalk from the Yamaha. The manual is way too confusing for me (and I teach this stuff and use Korgs with simple local off/on in my school.)

Thanks for the correct settings!

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:41 am

I have an old PSR-300 and I read somewhere it doesnt output the accompaniment rhythms in MIDI format, although I was sure had achieved this a couple of years ago. Check your manual see if it mentions anything like that.

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:01 pm

Just found the PSR-225 user manual on internet.

According to pages 96-97 all you need do is assign channels 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 to eight MIDI tracks in Cakewalk. Arm the tracks to record from those channels then follow the instructions in the manual to set the Accompaniment Out value on (which apparently is the default).

If you set the Cakewalk clock to external it should be in sync with your keyboard when it plays.

I guess you then just start playing the rhythms and Cakewalk should start recording automatically.

You'll may have to assign the recorded Cakewalk tracks to other instruments otherwise the recording may sound naff.