Installing Cakewalk Sonar V2.2

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Happenedtoyou

Post by Happenedtoyou » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:33 pm

I got (from a friend) Sonar v2.2. It's an installation file of Sonar 2.....which can then be upgraded to 2.1.and that upgraded to 2.2. I had the program before, but something happened to my PC, and lost it. Now, i click the setup file, and the first window says that "Sonar cannot detect DirectX 8.1, would you like to install" I click yes, it does install, it says it was sucessfull, and thats it. Then It dissapears. I then click on it again to continue install, but I o back to saying "It cannot detect DirectX 8.1". What is going on? I have a much higher version of direct X and i know it should accept this. I uninstalled DirectX 9.0, and installed DirectX 8.1.... but it still does the same. How can i BY Pass this installation and continue installing Cakewalk?

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:16 pm

See this thread, it may have a solution

http://www.cakewalkforum.com/forums/vie ... ht=directx

By the way you cant just "uninstall DirectX" and install a new one over the top. You have to reinstall the operating system.

From the MS windows page

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

The DirectX 9.0b runtime cannot be uninstalled. We recommend Windows Me and Windows XP users create a "System Restore" point before installing. For information on creating a restore point, please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:34 pm

Happenedtoyou wrote:I got (from a friend) Sonar v2.2. It's an installation file of Sonar 2.....which can then be upgraded to 2.1.and that upgraded to 2.2. I had the program before, but something happened to my PC, and lost it. Now, i click the setup file, and the first window says that "Sonar cannot detect DirectX 8.1, would you like to install" I click yes, it does install, it says it was sucessfull, and thats it. Then It dissapears. I then click on it again to continue install, but I o back to saying "It cannot detect DirectX 8.1". What is going on? I have a much higher version of direct X and i know it should accept this. I uninstalled DirectX 9.0, and installed DirectX 8.1.... but it still does the same. How can i BY Pass this installation and continue installing Cakewalk?