Choppy Audio with Music Creator 2003 & Tascam US-122

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
SBH

Post by SBH » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:46 pm

Hi,

I'm using Music Creator with a Tascam USB-112 interface. Both of them support WDM. When I record digital audio with WDM however, the sound is choppy and full of clipping sound. I think the problem is during the recording. It seems like the sound is not captured continuously. When I use MMC mode, the problem goes away, altough I have to live with a slight synchronization problem but that's fixable.

Is there a inherent advantage of capturing with WDM instead of MMC? M impression is that WDM gives better performance in term of latency.

I'm running WIndows 2000 with PIII-550 CPU and 128MB RAM. It's relatively out-of-date but I assume the computing power is not the issue since the capturing is fine with MMC mode. The CPU usage appear to be low during the capturing in either mode.

Any help is appreciated.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:28 pm

Bad Drivers. Download new ones and reinstall but first uninstall and delete from your registry everything to do with the 122.

Tascam is notoriously bad with tech support, but you may want to call them and ask when new drivers will be avbailible.

darb

Post by darb » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:59 am

i am having your exact same problem. i have not tried using new drivers as he suggested but i am using soundblaster 32 and its getting the correct drivers automatically.. switching to MME mode made my recording get clear--this was really bothering me, so just wanted to say THANKS... didnt think to switch from WDM to MME or whatever. so that helped. i kept searching and searching but couldnt think of the right word to describe the sound..then i got it-- CHOPPY! and yours popped up.