Cakewalk Home Studio 2004

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
ed hance

Post by ed hance » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:32 am

I am trying to record guitar into a M-AUDIO OMNISTUDIO USB into cakewalk Home studio. I have read the instructions but when I try to insert an audio track and then click the IN tool another window comes up telling me what soundcards I have. This is good but I can't select any of them or even go across to the right to select something else from a drop down menu. Please help

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:55 am

Make sure you have the soundcard selected and the drivers selected in the Audio page of the options menu.

ed hance

Post by ed hance » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:40 am

Yes I have selected he correct soundcard from the Options's Audio. Please Help me

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:28 pm

That is strange. Can you select your audio card by going to the menu bar > Track > Properties > inputs. Here you should be able to see what inputs are available to each track.

If you see nothing there then the only thing I can suggest is to close HS, go to the cakewalk folder and delete the AUD.INI file. Restart Home Studio and it will automatically run the wave profiler again.

If it still doesn't work then I think it might be something to do with the audio interface itself.

ed hance

Post by ed hance » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:58 pm

I have done the track>property>input and nothing is there how do I rectify this.

Also when I open up home studio a message states that the following drivers do not support the current audio format, or are in use by applictation. and bellow are my soundcard inputs

Please help

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:43 pm

Just out of intrest what operating system are you using?

ed hance

Post by ed hance » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:47 am

WINDOWS XP

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:59 am

Just in case you don't know there was an update to the drivers in Oct last year that enabled 24 bit recording for Win ME. I would download them anyway and install them, it will do no harm but might just solve your problem. There is often a lot of stuff fixed in these updates that they don't mention because it makes there product look shoddy. They just expect everyone to down load them anyway.

You will probaly find the drivers out of the box are older than this 1008 release.

http://www.maudio.co.uk/index.php?do=support.drivers