Change velocity en-masse on a selected group of events?

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
granitehead1

Post by granitehead1 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:57 pm

I built a drum track in Pro Tracks Plus using the default channel 10 (mistake, I think). It's got a closed hi-hat throughout most of it... 100s of events. Now that I've recorded the corresponding .wav with a drum kit from Digitech's GNX4, I find the hi-hat is getting 'lost in translation' (good movie!). I'd like to increment the velocity on all of these events by +20 or so.
I know if I'd built each instrument on a separate track, I could easily do it, but since it's all on one, is there a way I can use the select tool and apply one change to just those selected? I have a feeling I'm out of luck... I *can* get just these events highlighted, but there seems to be no right-click or menu option to do an en-masse velocity change. BTW: There are no linked clips.
Another thought: Is there an easy way to convert this sgl. track project into a multi-track project to do this?
Thanks in advance!

granitehead1

Post by granitehead1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:02 pm

FYI: This got answered at the GNX4 forum:
In Piano roll view:
1. Note start time of first event of the instrument in question.
2. Create a new midi track.
3. Click in the left-hand pane on the instrument name (or piano key) to select all corresponding events.
4. Then Edit->Cut followed by Edit-Paste into the new track taking care to set start time to that noted in step 1.
Then in track view, use the velocity slider.