How do I "Choose MIDI Outputs Now" in Home Studio2

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
Brekhunov

Post by Brekhunov » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:02 am

I just installed Home Studio 2 software and when a box asks me to "Choose MIDI Outputs Now," in the "Inputs" category of a separate box nothing is listed, and in the "Outputs" category is listed "Microsoft MIDI Mapper." But I highlight that and click "OK," and nothing happens. And thus my Home Studio 2 produces no sounds whatsoever. Some home studio!

Could someone PLLLEEEASE help me with this?? I'd be most grateful.

I've seen this problem on other threads regarding other Cakewalk software, but those solutions require clicking on items that Home Studio 2 does not have.

I'm a bit annoyed to see this type problem mentioned on other threads that are two or more years old, and Cakewalk itself has not addressed the problem in the software they've produced in the subsequent two years . I didn't just spend money on Home Studio 2, but on a lot of stuff to go with it, and I don't want to have to return it all! So I hope to get this problem solved. So I'd greatly appreciate the assistance of you fellow musicians out there. Thanks! I'm certain that subsequent viewers of this thread will appreciate your help, too!

P.S. I have Windows XP, and the Cakewalk info said I'd need no more than that to run Home Studio 2 on my computer.

chill

Post by chill » Tue May 03, 2005 4:46 pm

Insert an Edirol VSC track and you will be able to hear MIDI.