Exporting midis, again!

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
Uselessmusician

Post by Uselessmusician » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:40 pm

Ok, I read the other guys problem with exporting midis(I've done this previously but had to redo my computer so everything was reset). Anyways I did what the help file said all except for the part where it says go into the Volume>Options>Properties>Recording> and then change it to record under synth,midi, what you hear, or whatever else it said. The only problem is I don't have that under my options, I can't even find it in the place where you choose what recording options you want.

Someone please help me out?

Uselessmusician

Post by Uselessmusician » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:48 pm

Ok..what seems to be the problem is, I am trying to convert my midi files to audio by recording it. The only problem is, under the sound recording options there there is no slider/bar for the midi/synth/what you hear thing. I don't know how to bring it up, because it is not selectable under Volume>Options>Properties>Recording.

Anyone know how to bring that up or a better way to record midi to a wav file?

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:40 pm

What kind of soundcard are you using? I have a Creative one and when I click on its mixer device I see a section called Recording. Clicking on an icon under that lets me choose between various options (Midi Synth, What U Hear etc...)

Uselessmusician

Post by Uselessmusician » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:12 am

Not exactly sure...how do I find that out searching my computer?

I have that same option under recording...but where there usually is a place where I can click to add the Midi/Synth option it is not there.

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:58 pm

Well to find out the soundcard your using go to Control Panel and then Device Manager or something similar to that I think. See where your audio card is listed and see what type it is. Not at home right now so I might've left out a couple of steps or something..if you still cant find it I'll check at home and give a more detailed explanation.