MIDI problems with M-Audio Audiophile firewire. Help please

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
RandyL

Post by RandyL » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:35 pm

Can't seem to get any MIDI input with my Audiophile. The output works as I can send patch changes. Also: The MIDI in/out work fine in another sequencer I have installed - Magix Studio 2005.

Both input and output show up in the setup window in Sonar and have been selected properly. Have latest driver for Audiophile.

Tried deleting the TTSSEQ.INI. No luck

Sonar 4.0.3. Sony VIAO notebook. 2ghz P4. 512meg RAM. Windows XP Pro SP1. Korg Triton Extreme. Nothing running in backround.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:55 pm

Is there a local on/off switch on the Triton, if so try switching it off.

RandyL

Post by RandyL » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:04 pm

Thanks andychap

Yea...Already switched the triton to local off. No change. Any other suggestions ?

Sonar 4.0.3. Sony VIAO notebook. 2ghz P4. 512meg RAM. Windows XP Pro SP1. Korg Triton Extreme. Nothing running in backround.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:13 pm

Can't really think of much else.

Have you got the input in the midi track set to omni so that it captures all the midi channels from the triton.

Also, according to the manual, if you have just changed or updated your soundcard driver then you must go through the selecting midi inputs and outputs again to get them to work with the new driver.

Other than that the only thing I can suggest is maybe a setting in the soundcard control panel.