NEVER WORKS

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
kentothink

Post by kentothink » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:43 pm

MIDI never works right for me on Sonar 3. any thoughts?

sometimes, it works pretty well and plays MOST of the notes that are there, but the next day it will play about half of them. It has actually never worked totally right. I used to think it had something to do with the sustain pedal or something, but i recently recorded a whole bunch of stuff with NO pedal and it still doesnt work.

It seems to pick and choose which notes to play. I have tons of soft synths that I'm trying to use it with, mostly the B4 from NI. I even gave it whirl with the trusty dusty Edirol built in and its STILL weird. It is seriously driving me out of my mind. :x

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:40 am

Are all your synths registered and not warez? Try picking up MIDI For The Professional. Great book.

kentothink

Post by kentothink » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:51 am

I figured this out for the most part. So if you have this issue, then try this.
I moved my latency slider all the way to fast. I think the MIDI notes weren't being given the chance to cue up properly and were being missed. Thoughts?

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:03 am

It's possible. Also go to Options/Audio (where you changed your latency slider) and then click on 'Advanced' you will see a place to adjust your I/O Buffer. Set this to 64 and see if that helps, it should speed things up! If thats's too small, double it to 128 if thats too small (not likely) set it to 256 and finally 512. You want a SMALL number here as well to complete your latency tune!

Good Luck!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:57 am

quote:" Are all your synths registered and not warez? "

LOL

F@KKER