Midi In can't record in SONAR v1.02

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
ramandika

Post by ramandika » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:21 am

Hii

I have problem with SONAR v 1.02, Windows 2000, Keyboard Korg PA80,
SOundcard SoundBlaster Live! Processor P III.

I always can't record my MIDI thru midi port. Audio In Is OK.
And I has tried the advise from Troubleshooter ( Sonar Help Screen)
But it still can't work. Every time I switch On my keyboard, the MIDI IN/OUT icon always flash although I had not play the key board

What's wrong with my setting / hardware ?

regards
Ramandika

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:00 pm

Some SoundBlaster cards share an irq with your paralell port (midi interface) Check this first.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:48 am

You have your midi plugs connected the right way round, In to out and out to in.

Even though you have the live card installed make sure that the gameport is installed and enabled.

As a suggestion I would look round for an upgrade to at least ver 1.3 because 1.0 was as buggy as hell.

shizzle

Post by shizzle » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:01 pm

i have a psr 290 that i wanna connect to my computer , i have the midi/joystick cable and all that , it's all set up . when i import a midi files through cakewalk sonar 3 , i can even hear the music playing into my keyboard speakers , but the only problem is that i can record anything in the application. i spent hours tring to make it work properly , but it doesn't , so if you have any idea on how to make it work , let me know

Illprophet

Re.

Post by Illprophet » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:21 pm

It almost sounds like you don't have your input /outputs correctly set in your track (given the music is playing through your keyboard). What kind of midi interface are you using? You can't just plug-in the keyboard and have it work (hopefully you know this). And I have to totally agree with andychap ramandika -UPGRADE!!!