Creating MP3 file

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
vinnywolf

Post by vinnywolf » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:11 pm

I am fairly new to Cakewalk and MIDI. I own a Kurzweil K2000 V3 and Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. I have them connected and I am able to record with Cakewalk as the Master (sync). However, I have a song that I created on the Kurzweil sequencer (using several MIDI channels) and I would like to record it into cakewalk and then convert/create and MP3 that I can put on my website. I have changed the SYNC in Cakewalk to be slave and the clock on the sequencer on the Kurz to be master. I am trying to use just channel 1 and set it to MIDI omni. When I try and record the song, Cakewalk is armed and waits for the clock signal from the Kurz. It acts like it is recording, however, when I stop the seq on the Kurz, Cakewalk freezes (I think it's waiting for some kind of "end" signal from the Kurz and I'm stopping before the end of the song, it's a loop) I press escape to get out of this and then try and play the song after setting the sync in Cakewalk back to internal. There is no data displayed for the track. Could someone please tell me how to do this correctly or if there is another way to take a song off of my Kurz sequencer and convert it to an audio file that I can publish to my website.

Thank You,

Vinny

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:01 am

Try opening up a 16 Track template and arming all the tracks to record. Proceed as before but this time the tracks should be picked up in one of the 16 that are recording. This way you can also set sonar as the master and the kurzweil as slave and just press record on sonar and then play on the kurzweil. You can always edit the slight delay afterwards.

If you don't have a 16 track template, there is one here. Just drag it to your sonar folder and when you select new it should show up in the templates.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Andychap782/m ... ck-New.tpl

Let us know how you get on.