midi playback is out of time

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
steely

Post by steely » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:04 pm

Hello

Hope someone can offer some help on this.I have been a Cakewalk
user for many years, up until recently under windows 98.I am using Cakewalk 7 on windows xp.When I record from my piano keyboard along with the click sometimes what i input plays back correctly but usually it plays back placing the beats maybe an eight note or a sixteenth note early or late.This has nothing to do with quantisation
and when I playback the other tracks that are in time it is completely
out of sync.This never happened in windows 98! Can anyone help!

Thanks

Steely

Post by Guest » Mon May 03, 2004 8:49 pm

I have the exact problem. If you should find a solution to this I would appreciate any help.

woodbridgec@hotmail.com

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon May 03, 2004 10:33 pm

There is a problem similar to this with using the Microsoft GS Synth. It has some sort of latency problem all of it's own. Try using another midi output if you have one or try a soft synth and see if that solves the problem.

There is also an opion that the sync option should be set to audio when you are recording your midi tracks and this will cure timing issues.

That's all I can think of. Sorry.

Post by guest » Sun May 09, 2004 7:29 pm

I don't know whether it's the same phenomenon I experienced... but...
Try to change the settings on:
Options --> Global... --> Midi (tab) --> Number of Buffers
I changed the value from 64 to 16 or 32 and the deay in recording was gone.

If your problem is with the playback, maybe the "Prepare using..." below is your answer.

good luck.

timid soul

Post by timid soul » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:55 pm

I think it may be the same problem I have. PSR 500 sounds, cakewalk picks it up a millisecond late. If you get a good answer let me know Please. Thanks, Timid Soul

Hatebreeder

Post by Hatebreeder » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:45 pm

i have the same problem but just with soundfonts. when I use some vst plugs the sync is normal but if i load some soundfonts there is this sync problem. I got sb audigy 2 zs, athlon 1800 xp and 512 mb ddr 400 ram
so I cant load many vst at the same time. It s kinda annoying :(