Sonar 2 does not like Microsoft midi mapper

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
strixnebulosa

Post by strixnebulosa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:01 pm

A friend gave me the original disc and licence for Sonar 2 as he is moving to another platform. As I am into composing I thought it would be fun to start right away.

First I had problems installing it as I had a newer version of DivX than 8.1. I solved that by diddling with the registry key.

Next step is to get the program playing. But when I open Sonar 2 it says that I have no midi output device, but Microsoft Midi mapper is shown among the devices anyway.....

I found a way to get more midi devices in the help namely.
Start SONAR, click Options | Audio | Advanced Tab and select "Always Use MME..." Close SONAR and restart. You should now see all MME audio devices.

Then a device appeared named "Microsoft GS wavetable SW syth". Sonar 2 took it ! But Alas! No soundf is heard and when I press the play key it does not even move along the notes.

Now I sit here with my AMD Athlon 2100+ computer with win2k installed and 512 Mb memory and lots ofharddrive.... and I pull le last hairs of my head in agony!

What am I to do!

strixnebulosa

Post by strixnebulosa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:35 pm

It was the templates playing games with me. It made me put midi in wave channels

Oh welll - I have a temper like Donald Duck

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:05 pm

You havent got a face like his as well have you? :D

strixnebulosa

Post by strixnebulosa » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:10 am

No - I look like the swedish football-trainer Svennis =o)