Producer 4 multi plugin use

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
raized

Post by raized » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:16 am

Hi, I am using producer 4 and waves plugins, which are heavy on my processor, the problem is on each song im doing there are maybe 5 or 6 vocals,each in stereo, so I'm opening loads of effects that are all set the same,is there any way of using just one plugin across a lot of tracks?If its possible my little puffing and panting p4 would be very grateful, thanks in advance:) www.raized.com if your bored:)

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:02 am

You need to put your effect on a bus and send you different tracks to that bus where they are mixed and the effect applied to all of them.

Lets say you are applying a reverb to several tracks.

Start by creating a new bus. Right click on any track in the track view (not the wave data area) and from the context menu choose the option to Insert send > New Stereo Bus. The bus will appear in the track view at the bottom. You might have to drag the dividing bar on the screen a bit in order to see it fully. Give it a name ie Vocal Reverb and then right click on the FX bin and insert your plugin.

Now you can configure your plugin the way you normally do with the exception of the input level should be set to 100%. You can now forget about the bus and go back to your tracks.

Select a track you want to apply the reverb to and right click just under the output box and select insert send. You should see the Vocal Reverb bus you created listed there, select it as you output.

You can control the amount of signal going to the bus with the bus send level (this works as a percentage of the 100% you set as the effect input so at zero it will be 100% so you will probably need to adjust downwards).

From there on, any track you want to assign to that bus and effect just allocate it as above. Remeber as with tracks you can also place more than one effect on a bus.

raized

Post by raized » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:57 pm

Hi Andy,

I've tried all that,even did it a few times but it not working,it all looks right with the sends and all that but the fx track isn't registering a signal from to dry track. I'm using an emu 1212m card so maybe I need to work out the routing in that too :? Thanks for the bus setup tho cuz it makes sense too me now at least :D I'll just have to keep pouring water on my cpu til i get it working :o