SoftSynth User Banks Not Storing Custom Settings...

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
pjfarr

Post by pjfarr » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:42 pm

I use the Cakewalk TTS-1 SoftSynth for many parts and when I tweak certain patches and save them in the user banks, they're gone next time I open the workfile, replaced by the default "Piano" patch. I have followed the online instructions carefully but the customizations (along with the user names for the new patches) will still be gone on reopening the file.

What am I doing wrong...?

~P.J.F.

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:17 am

The same happens with mine so it looks like it might be worth investigating further.

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:55 pm

I have found that any adjustments that you make to the TTS-1 are saved if you still have the TTs-1 loaded in the Synth rack when you save the Cakewalk Project File (CWP). Upon reopening the project all the tweaks are restored and the name you saved them as appears in the user preset menu. Unfortunately that doesn't help if you want to use those settings in another project.

I have tried all sorts of ways to save them as banks etc but had no joy, hopefully someone else might come along and know the answer to this one.

pjfarr

Post by pjfarr » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:26 am

Hey Andy~

It IS a little mystifying.

In the meantime, a little workaround I use is to actually use MIDI controller messages in the event list for the track with the customized patch. It's usually lessening/increasing the attack or tweaking the resonance that I'm interested in so I use controller #73 and #74 at the beginning of that particular track. It works just as good, saves with the file, and can be tweaked a lot more easily.

Still, it would be nice if software worked the way it's supposed to, but SONAR is amazing and the pro's far outway the cons I think...

~P.J.F.