Need Help Using Cakewalk TTS-1 to Convert Midi To Wave

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
TommyLee_Vocal

Post by TommyLee_Vocal » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:58 pm

I'm trying to use the TTS-1 on my midi drums. Here's what I'm doing.
Using 'Sonar 5 Producer' and 'Edirol-UA20' with 'Yamaha PSR740'.

1. I have 4 drum tracks (kick, snare, toms, cymbals).
2. Clicked 'Insert', then soft synths, then Cakewalk TTS-1.
3. Clicked 'MIDI Source' and 'All Synth Audio Outputs' to bring up 4 Cakewalk TTS-1 1 outputs (1-4) and 1 midi.

My question is how do I assign each drum track to each TTS output? I can assign the 'kick' output to 'Cakewalk TTS-1 1 Output 1' , but when I go to assign the 'snare' to 'Output 2', I will not let me bring up the 'Cakewalk TTS-1 1 Output 2'. It only shows Cakewalk TTS-1 1 Output 1, not outputs 2-4.

What am I doing wrong here? :?

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:00 am

Can't quite see what you are trying to do here.

All midi drums have to be programmed on Channel 10. It doesn't matter how many tracks you use to create you drum parts, they must all be set to midi channel 10.

You could then assign an instance of TTS1 to each track and each drum sound will play but ultimately you might as well insert one instance of TTS-1 and send all the midi track to it.

This is how I would do it.

Edit all your velocities etc on each midi track and then solo it and the TTS1 and bounce it to a momo audio track. Do this to each drum track so you end up with four mono tracks and then you can compress, EQ, pan, add reverb etc to the audio tracks. When you have got then sounding the way you want individualy, send all the tracks to a stereo bus so that you can apply any overall masting type effects to get the drums to sit properly in the mix.

Hope that helps.