trouble multitracking

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
BigT

Post by BigT » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:05 pm

Hi
I'm just started using Sonar 4. I'm also using the Omega Lexicon Studio for my sound. I can record to one channel fine in sonar, but when I want to record another track, say on track 2 it will record, but it also records what was on track one. I can't keep each track separate. I'm sure I don't have something set up right, any help would be much appreciated.

BigT

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:20 am

BigT

Post by BigT » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:15 pm

Hey andychap

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a sound card installed, I have onboard sound. I don't know if that would matter but I still can't get it to work. I don't have the speaker icon in my system tray but I have C-media 3D. I opened that up and checked in the boxes: PLAYBACK-volume, wave, sw synth, CD player, and line in. On RECORD- mic., and line in. In Sonar I tried C-media, lexicon usb 1-2 in out, on the channels I want to record on and it will only work on lexicon 1-2 in out, but every track after the first track gets recorded on the next tracks, I can't keep them separate. My onboard sound was disabled and it wouldn't record so I enabled it and it still is the same. Any suggestions? I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Again
BigT