New to the Scene, and Frustrated

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
GilB

Post by GilB » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:30 am

Hi, I've been having some trouble exporting a .cwp file into a .wav or .mp3 file using SONAR 6 Producer Edition. I tried using CWENC - it encodes my .cwp into a 48 KB, 2-seconds-long mess of white noise. I tried recording my MIDI into an audio track - the Track Properties window says I have no input or output device. And no, I can't do jack under the Export menu, either.

My hardware: TOSHIBA laptop, Intel Duo CPU @ 2.00 GHz, Realtek High Definition Audio, Roland Juno-G keyboard.

I want to export my .cwp file into any listenable format. Last resort would be to send it to someone else to do it for me. But I'd rather not let it come to that. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

ACDC

Post by ACDC » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:45 pm

I assume you only use soft synths. If you use external sound modules, you'll have to record the the tracks into audio tracks first.

You first select all the tracks you want to export. Usually if you want all tracks, just double click on any track's information pane and you'll see all the tracks highlighted.

Next you click the "File" tab and go down to export. In the export screen, you can select which file format you want. If you have not purchase the MP3 encoder, then you can only select .wav or .wma. You'll also need to set the sample rate and bit depth. If you want nothing higher than CD quality, select 44.1KHz and 16 bits. You then give the export file a name and click ok.

You'll now see the covnersion progress which will be done in several seconds. You can now go to the directory where you locate the file and double-click it to test whether it plays in Media Player.

You can also left click the .wav file to convert it to MP3 through Media Player.