Audio Synching in Sonar

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
phibeck

Post by phibeck » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:38 am

Hi y'all!

I have a vocalist partner who dosn't like click tracks! Understandably, but when I've let him just "do his thing" and then try to add drums and instruments afterwards, it is soooo difficult to get it tight. In Sonar there is a function that can automatically find the beat and add the bar lines, however, I have never managed to get it to function - it always gives an error message that it can't find the beat.

I have heard of a function (possibly in Pro Tools?) where you can record an audio spor, and "tap in" the beat afterwards, so that the DAW knows where to put the bar lines, so that you can add all the other instruments/drums etc with MiDi.

Anyone know what the best way to do it in Sonar is?

(I have had limited success by finding a BPM which is near enough, and then clipping up the vocal track and aligning each little section, so that no one section gets out of synch - but that only works with vocals)

Suggestions greatly appreciated !

- Philip.

alienate

Post by alienate » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:52 am

goto youtube. search for something like "cakewalk audio snap" there are tons of cakewalk tutorials on there. I know that exact error you're talking about.

phibeck

Post by phibeck » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Thanks - did that and learned a lot. I hadn't realised that I had to place the bar markers manually. Bit of a job - but it worked !

Cheers !

Philip.

phibeck

Post by phibeck » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Removed due to double click !