Switch to Sonar 7??

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Donny

Post by Donny » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi,

I'm still using Sonar 4 Studio and am happy with it. However, I recently purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, Intel dual-core processor (3.0 GH) and 2 GB memory.

Sonar 4 runs fine on it but now there is a discount to upgrade to Sonar 7 Studio. I'm tempted to upgrade but was wondering if it is going to be a resource hog on my 3.0 PC? Also, are the newer features worth the switch?

Sorry for these general questions but a bit of insight from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

techead

Post by techead » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:21 am

Donny wrote:Hi,

I'm still using Sonar 4 Studio and am happy with it. However, I recently purchased a new PC with Vista Home Premium, Intel dual-core processor (3.0 GH) and 2 GB memory.

Sonar 4 runs fine on it but now there is a discount to upgrade to Sonar 7 Studio. I'm tempted to upgrade but was wondering if it is going to be a resource hog on my 3.0 PC? Also, are the newer features worth the switch?

Sorry for these general questions but a bit of insight from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Some pretty cool features in the new version--especially when it comes to MIDI.

sneaky pete

Post by sneaky pete » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:15 am

I would switch to Sonar 6 PE. You'd save a bunch of money (try Ebay) and get 90% of what you're looking for. The Vintage Channel alone is worth the price of admission.