SONAR and Steinberg Wavelab link broken

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
johnlw007

Post by johnlw007 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:20 am

Hi, I hope someone can help me find a fix for this...

Background: I am using SONAR 2.2 and Steinberg Wavelab 4.0 with Windows 98 on an old computer using an Intel PII chip with 500MB of RAM. Don't laugh, I can play up to 50 simultaneously audio tracks on this system! Everything has been working great, until recently.

When Things Worked: I select an audio clip, click on TOOLS, Wavelab. The audio clip is copied and transferred into Steinberg Wavelab for editing. After editing and saving the changes and returning to SONAR, I would be asked if I would like to upload the changes to the audio clip in SONAR. Of course, I would answer in the affirmative. This always worked great, until recently.

Problem: Now, when I select a mono audio clip, click on TOOLS, Wavelab, I get an error message that says, "Cannot complete process".

Does anybody know why this is happening? Does anyone have the FIX?

I look forward to your response!

Thank you,

John

johnlw007

Post by johnlw007 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:29 am

Incase anybody else ever has this issue, I found the fix.

First, the other night, I tried re-installing SONAR 2.2, but that did nothing. The problem still existed.

Tonight, I did a "Repair Install" of Steinberg Wavelab 4.0 (which requires inserting the installation disk). I then rebooted the computer. IT WORKS, NOW!!

Now, I can keep working on audio projects until my new studio computer and software arrives.

John
The One
http://theonesongs.com

Thank you!